Chicago-based Midwest Orthopedics at Rush and Rockford-based OrthoIllinois announced Jan. 3 that they aggregated and are working under the newly formed OrthoMidwest.
Here are seven things to know about OrthoMidwest:
1. The two practices are among the largest independent orthopedic practices in Illinois. They will remain independent divisions of the new entity.
2. Both practices will keep their current locations and providers.
3. With the aggregation, OrthoMidwest will have 42 locations and over 100 providers.
4. OrthoIllinois was established in 1967, and has one ASC in the state.
5. Midwest Orthopedics at Rush was founded in 2003.
6. In September, OrthoIllinois added a new 49,000-square-foot clinic in Elgin to its list of practices.
7. In October, Rush expanded its pediatric orthopedic presence at three of its Illinois locations.