Oct. 16 was World Spine Day 2022, a day established in 2008 by the World Federation of Chiropractic that highlights the global burden of spine pain and disability.
Five facts on World Spine Day 2022:
1. This year marked the 14th official World Spine Day.
2. The theme for this year was Every Spine Counts.
3. This year's campaign aimed to raise awareness on spinal health, provide a forum of ongoing discussion on best practices and promote an interdisciplinary approach to research.
4. The 2022 organizing committee had five members— Rebekah Wilks, Danielle Wiesner, MD, Leann Melgrito, Richard Brown and Keiron Boosi.
5. Supporting organizations include the Scoliosis Research Society, the Student American Chiropractic Association and the Global Alliance for Musculoskeletal Health.