Here are five robotic surgery milestones Becker's has reported on since Sept. 5:
1. Medical City Weatherford (Texas) completed its 100th orthopedic robotic surgery.
2. Robert Burke, MD, completed his 1,000th procedure using OrthAlign's technology for total hip and knee replacements.
3. Resurgens Orthopaedics' Austell, Ga., location has become the first practice in the region to offer robotic assisted total knee replacements using Smith + Nephew's CORI Surgical System.
4. Greenville, N.C.-based ECU Health Medical Center received its first two accreditations from the Surgical Review Corporation.
5. Greenwich (Conn.) Hospital performed its first total knee replacement surgery using robotic assistance.