Neal ElAttrache, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles.
Here are six surgeries that Dr. ElAttrache has performed or plans to perform in 2023 so far:
1. James Kaprielian, a pitcher for the Oakland Athletics, was operated on Aug. 2 at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles. Dr. ElAttrache performed shoulder surgery on Mr. Kaprielian's right posterior labrum.
2. Andrew Painter, a pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies, was operated on in Los Angeles on July 25. Dr. ElAttrache performed an ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction and an ulnar nerve transposition surgery on Mr. Painter's right elbow.
3. UFC fighter Jamahal Hill has chosen Dr. ElAttrache to repair his ruptured Achilles tendon.
4. Dr. ElAttrache performed an elbow procedure on Dustin May, a pitcher for MLB's Los Angeles Dodgers, on July 18 in Los Angeles. The surgery was to repair the flexor tendon in Mr. May's right elbow.
5. Dr. ElAttrache performed knee surgery on Gavin Lux, a shortstop for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mr. Lux suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee during a spring training game on Feb. 27.
6. Dr. ElAttrache performed knee surgery on Jonah Williams, an offensive tackle for the Cincinnati Bengals in the National Football League. The surgery was to fix a dislocated kneecap.