Outpatient care centers are the top-paying industry for orthopedic surgeons in the U.S., according to salary data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The compensation data, updated April 25, reflects information from 2022.
Here are the top five highest-paying industries for orthopedic surgeons:
1. Outpatient care centers: $421,770
2. Offices of physicians: $379,830
3. General medical and surgical hospitals: $355,030
4. Specialty hospitals (except psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals): $331,220
5. Offices of other health practitioners: $170,690