From a new acquisition in Ireland to a clinic opening in Abu Dhabi, U.S. orthopedic companies and practices are expanding internationally in 2023. Here are six global updates since Dec. 19:
1. Orthopedic billing and bracing services company Breg partnered with an international supplier to enter the Chinese market.
2. Pittsburgh-based UPMC acquired its fourth hospital in Ireland.
3. The first procedures using Medacta's NextAR augmented reality surgical platform were performed in Japan.
4. West Palm Beach, Fla.-based Paley Institute launched a clinic in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
5. OrthoPediatrics expanded its global presence by establishing a direct sales organization in Germany.
6. American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society resumed performing surgeries in Kenya following a three-year hiatus.