OrthoVirginia, a 114-physician group in Richmond, has been affected by a cybersecurity attack, ABC affiliate 8News reported March 5.
1. The cyberattack has slowed workflow, but patient care will resume as usual, the practice said.
2. In a Feb. 25 email, patients were informed of technical difficulties OrthoVirginia clinics were experiencing.
3. A March 5 email told patients to contact OrthoVirginia via MyChart, Facebook or their contact form, as the practice's phone system had been affected, causing disconnections and longer wait times, according to the report.
4. The practice said it does not believe patient or employee data has been compromised.
5. The OrthoVirginia IT team, cybersecurity professionals and law enforcement are investigating the issue.