Here are six developments in sports medicine since Dec. 1:
1. Robert Bray, MD, a surgeon at Newport Beach, Calif.-based DISC Sports & Spine Center, performed surgery to fuse neck vertebrae on former motocross star Carey Hart, according to a Dec. 1 Instagram post from the racer.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder rookie Chet Holmgren on Dec. 5 had his second foot surgery since August.
3. Centennial, Colo.-based Centura Health has committed $4 million to Durango, Colo.-based Fort Lewis College to convert the college's 10,000-square-foot aquatics center into an orthopedic and sports medicine center.
4. David Porter, MD, and Mark Ritter, MD, surgeons at Forte Sports Medicine and Orthopedics in Carmel, Ind., performed surgery on a left tibial stress fracture for Detroit Pistons' point guard Cade Cunningham.
5. Orthopedic surgeon Joseph Torg, MD, died Dec. 15 at the age of 88.
6. The Santa Monica, Calif.-based Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute has launched a new youth sports medicine program.