Dean Chou, MD, is chief of the spine division at Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City.
1. Dr. Chou was appointed chief of spine in 2022. He was also named vice chair of the neurological surgery department.
2. Dr. Chou pioneered several minimally invasive spine tecniques, and he has expertise in scoliosis, spinal deformity, spinal tumors, and degenerative conditions of the spine.
3. Dr. Chou earned his medical degree at the University of California San Francisco, and he completed his medical degree at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltiore.
4. He has fellowship training at The Barrow Neurolofical Institute in Phoenix and studied under Volker Sonntag, MD.
5. He has more than 300 peer-reviewed publications and is on the advisory board of Spine.