David Skaggs, MD, and Theodore Goldstein, MD, are co-directors of Cedars-Sinai Spine Center in Los Angeles.
Here are 10 things to know about them:
1. Dr. Skaggs is co-director of the spine center, executive vice chair of orthopedics and director of pediatric orthopedics.
2. Dr. Skaggs was named co-director in Cedars-Sinai Spine Center in 2021. Before that, he was chief of orthopedic surgery and director of spine surgery at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
3. Dr. Skaggs has expertise in kyphosis, scoliosis and spondylolisthesis.
4. Dr. Skaggs earned his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians And Surgeons in New York City, and he completed his residency at New York Presbyterian-Columbia Medical Center.
5. Dr. Skaggs earned awards for his research including the Marc A. Asher Clinical Scientific Paper Award and Robert N. Hensinger Clinical Scientific Paper Award.
6. Dr. Goldstein is co-medical director of the Spine Center, vice chair of spine surgery and an orthopedic professor.
7. Dr. Goldstein earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine and completed his residency at Presbyterian-St. Luke's Hospital, both in Chicago.
8. Dr. Goldstein completed an internship at Cook County Hospital in Chicago.
9. Dr. Goldstein has multiple research publications covering topics such as minimally invasive spine surgery, spinal imaging and lower back pain.
10. Dr. Goldstein earned a research grant from the Omega Medical Grants Association in 2014.