Here are five key developments from spine and orthopedic medtech companies since Nov. 8:
1. Orthofix posted third quarter sales increases of 61.4% year-over-year.
2. Thousands of prospective patients have shown interest in Neuralink, and the company overseen by Elon Musk has ambitious plans for upcoming human trials.
3. John Booth is retiring from his role as CEO and director of Spineology, a minimally invasive surgery technology company.
4. Large commercial payers in Illinois, Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma now cover one- and two-level lumbar disc replacement using Centinel Spine's Prodisc L implant.
5. VySpine earned FDA clearance for its ClariVy OsteoVy PEKK device for one-level cervical interbody fusion.