Stryker on Jan. 31 posted net sales of $5.2 billion in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Five things to know:
1. Fourth quarter net sales grew 10.7 percent year-over-year, according to a news release. Full-year sales of $18.4 billion represents a 7.8 percent increase compared to 2021.
2. In the fourth quarter, orthopedic and spine sales grew 4.3 percent year-over-year with $2.1 billion in revenue. Knee sales grew 5.4 percent year-over-year with $552 million, and hip sales grew 6.7 percent year-over year with $375 million.
3. Fourth quarter spine sales were $297 million, a 1 percent dip compared to the same period last year.
4. For the full year, orthopedic and spine sales grew 3.5 percent compared to 2021 with $7.8 billion in revenue. Knee sales were nearly $2 billion, an 8 percent increase from 2021. Hip sales were $1.4 billion, a 5.3 percent increase from 2021.
5. Stryker expects to see 7 percent to 8 percent growth in 2023 net sales.