Orthopedic giants Medtronic and Johnson & Johnson have both announced company spinoffs this year, with other key leaders following suit. Here are five spinoffs Becker's has reported on this year.
1. Medtronic plans to create two spinoffs with its patient monitoring and respiratory interventions lines.
2. Johnson & Johnson announced that it plans to develop a spinoff in the next year.
3. Orthopedic treatment provider IMAC Holdings is exploring the possibility of a spinoff.
4. DJO's parent company, formerly known as Colfax, created orthopedic spinoff Enovis.
5. Zimmer Biomet created dental spinoff ZimVie.