Johnson & Johnson's merger and acquisition activity and five more updates from orthopedic devicemakers since Sept. 7.
1. Miach Orthopaedics, a company focused on advancing the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament tears, on Sept. 7 named Patrick McBrayer as president and CEO
2. Medacta's NextAR augmented reality shoulder system has been used in more than 1,000 surgeries worldwide
3. Johnson & Johnson hit $93.8 billion revenue in 2021, with its medical devices and diagnostics segment earning about $9.8 billion, and the company aims to split into two companies in the next year. Read more here
4. Massimo Calafiore, who was NuVasive's chief commercial officer and executive vice president, was named CEO of LimaCorporate
5. Christopher Baker, MD, performed the first case with Anika Therapeutics' X-Twist fixation system Sept. 12
6. The FDA gave Conformis' Actera hip system 510(k) clearance.