Kris Radcliff, MD, has left Rothman Orthopaedic Institute in Philadelphia, where he practiced for more than 12 years, to start his own spine practice, Spinal Disc Center, which has four locations in New Jersey.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. Radcliff, a professor of orthopedic and neurological surgery at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, specializes in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery, with particular emphasis in the areas of artificial disc replacement and endoscopic spine surgery.
2. He has performed more than 10,000 spine surgeries and has served as a principal investigator in several clinical trials including a cervical total disc replacement study, a bone stimulator study and a basivertebral nerve ablation study, according to his website.
3. Dr. Radcliff has authored or co-authored 76 peer-reviewed publications and 22 textbook chapters on the diagnosis and treatment of spinal conditions.
4. In 2018, SpineLine, the primary publication for North American Spine Society members, featured Dr. Radcliff in its "20 Under 40" list of spine leaders in the field.
5. Dr. Radcliff completed an orthopedic residency at Texas Medical Center at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, followed by a spine surgery fellowship at Rothman Orthopaedics.