Byron Stephens, II, MD, is division chief of orthopedic spine surgery at Nashville, Tenn.-based Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Five things to know about Dr. Stephens:
1. Dr. Stephens is director of the orthopedic residency program and co-director of the orthopedic spine surgery fellowship.
2. His areas of expertise include cervical spine surgery, spinal deformity surgery and neurologic surgery.
3. Dr. Stephens earned his medical degree at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, and he completed his residency at Campbell Clinic Orthopaedics in Memphis, Tenn.
4. He has fellowship training from Emory University in Atlanta.
5. Dr. Stephens is an assistant professor at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.