John Shin, MD, is chief of spine neurosurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Five things to know about him:
1. Dr. Shin earned his medical degree from Chicago Medical School, and he completed his residency at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. He has combined spine and neurosurgery fellowship training from the Cleveland Clinic.
2. Dr. Shin developed clinical and reserach programs in spine deformity and oncology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
3. He launched an augmented reality spine program at Massachusetts General Hospital in 2021, and it was the first in the region and New England.
4. Dr. Shin is on the editorial boards for the Journal of Neurosurgery Spine, Neurosurgery, and Spine. He is involved with several professional societies and is on the executive and scientific planning committees for the American Association of Neurological Surgeons/Congress of Neurosurgeons Spine Section.
5. He has expertise in cervical and lumbar spine deformities and spine tumor surgery, and he treats the full spectrum of complex spinal disorders.