Jonathan Grauer, MD, is chief of spine surgery at Yale School of Medicine in New Haven, Conn.
Here are five things to know about him:
1. Dr. Grauer earned his medical degree from Yale School of Medicine, and he completed his residency at Yale New Haven (Conn.) Hospital. He also has fellowship training from the Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
2. He specializes in a variety of spine conditions including degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, trauma, infections and tumors.
3. Dr. Grauer has authored or co-authored more than 275 peer-reviewed papers, 90 reviews and 70 book chapters.
4. He sits on the boards of the North American Spine Society and Lumbar Spine Research Society. He is also editor-in-chief of the North American Spine Society Journal.
5. Dr. Grauer is a professor of orthopedics and rehabilitation. He's also a point of contact for departments with the Office of Academic and Professional Development and is involved with related projects.