Ohio's debut augmented reality-assisted spine case and four more "firsts" since Sept. 1:
1. The first commercial cases using NuVasive's Pulse Platform for spine surgery were completed in Ohio and Texas.
2. Post Falls, Idaho-based Northwest Specialty Hospital is the first specialty hospital in the U.S. to provide spine surgery with the Aprevo device.
3. Centinel Spine's Titanium FLX platform made its international debut. Drs. Alfredo Guiroy and Jose Ricardo Prina of Argentina performed the first cases outside the U.S.
4. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus performed the state's first augmented reality-assisted spine surgery.
5. Jason Lowenstein, MD, performed New Jersey's first scoliosis surgery with Zimmer Biomet's vertebral body tethering system.