The global market for spine robots is expected to grow to $139.9 million, according to market research from Data Bridge.
Five things to know:
1. Between 2022 and 2029, the global spine robot market is projected to increase 8.4 percent.
2. Factors driving growth include growing adoption of robotics in surgery and their benefits such as increased precision, smaller blood loss and quicker recoveries.
3. Another factor cited in a Jan. 25 news release is increased government funding to drive spine robot adoption.
4. North America is a key region in the spine robot market due to increasing spinal cord injuries. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest rate.
5. Key players named include Medtronic, Zimmer Biomet, Globus Medical and NuVasive.