As orthopedic and spine procedures continue to migrate to the outpatient setting at record rates, more orthopedic systems are opening up their own ASCs nationwide.
Here are 18 orthopedic and spine practices that have opened or announced plans to open their own ASCs since the beginning of the year:
1. Madison-based Orthopedic and Spine Centers of Wisconsin plans to open a surgery center by November 2024 in an existing Orthopedic and Spine building.
2. Nashville, Tenn.-based Ascension Saint Thomas is opening a 13,000-square-foot orthopedic and pain management-focused ASC in partnership with United Surgical Partners International and Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance.
3. Irvine, Calif.-based Hoag Orthopedic Institute has leased a 12,000-square-foot surgery center space in Aliso Viejo, Calif.
4. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health and Billings-based Ortho Montana broke ground on the 45,000-square-foot Gallatin Valley Surgery Center in Bozeman, Mont.
5. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain and the Orthopedic Partners, a physician group with four Utah locations, are opening an orthopedic-focused ASC in Park City, Utah.
6. The Indiana Joint Replacement started construction on its $28 million surgery center in Noblesville, Ind., that will specialize in hip and knee care.
7. Kalamazoo, Mich.-based Bronson Healthcare held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new orthopedic surgery center that is jointly owned and operated by Bronson Healthcare and a group of Bronson orthopedic surgeons.
8. Iowa City, Iowa-based Steindler Orthopedic Clinic broke ground on a new practice location and ASC in North Liberty, Iowa, which it invested $60 million in.
9. OrthoMidwest opened a new $14 million surgery center in Beloit, Wis., marking its eighth facility.
10. Jacksonville, Fla.-based Jax Spine and Pain Centers and the University of Florida Health Jacksonville completed a 54,000-square-foot medical office building with a four-operating-room ASC.
11. The Joint Replacement Center of Louisiana opened the first ASC in the region to specialize solely in joint replacements in Lake Charles.
12. National Spine & Pain Centers opened Dallas-based National Spine & Ortho, its first ASC in Texas.
13. The 150,000-square-foot ASC, the University of Rochester Medicine Center for Orthopaedics and Physical Performance Surgery Center, opened in Henrietta, N.Y.
14. Beacon Health System in South Bend, Ind., and Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center in Elkhart, Ind., opened the 23,150-square-foot Surgery Center of Granger (Ind.).
15. The Orthopedic Outpatient Center is opening a 30,815-square-foot ASC and physical therapy suite in Medford, Ore.
16. Arlington, Va.-based Anderson Orthopedic Clinic, which is backed by management services organization M2 Orthopedics, is opening an orthopedic ASC in Oxon Hill, Md.
17. Glenwood Springs, Colo.-based Valley View, an independent nonprofit health system, opened an orthopedic ASC in Basalt, Colo.
18. DISC opened the DISC Surgery Center at Marina del Rey (Calif.), which also passed the AAAHC's inspection and met nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality healthcare.