Here are six orthopedic surgeons reaching milestones that Becker's has reported on since Nov. 3:
1. William Kurtz, MD, performed the first case with Conformis' Actera hip system.
2. David Eggert, MD, completed his 1,000th surgery using Stryker's Mako robot.
3. Keith Baumgarten, MD, a surgeon at Orthopedic Institute in Sioux Falls, S.D., became the first surgeon in the state to perform a procedure using a BEAR implant.
4. John Larkin, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Beacon Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in Erlanger, Ky., completed the world's first operation using a smart knee implant.
5. Michael Bisogno, MD, performed the first hip replacement using a Mako robotic arm at Huntington (N.Y.) Hospital.
6. Paul Jacob, DO, is the first orthopedic surgeon in Oklahoma to earn accreditation from the Surgical Review Corporation as a master surgeon in joint replacement and robotic joint replacement.