Orthopedic surgeons earn the highest annual salary when working in outpatient care centers, according to the most recent compensation data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The average orthopedic surgeon salary across all settings is $306,220 a year, but the salary fluctuates based on the duties and the practice setting.
The top-paying orthopedic surgeon practice settings and their average yearly compensation:
1. Outpatient care centers: $351,510
2. Offices of physicians: $318,070
3. General medical and surgical hospitals: $267,830
4. Speciality hospitals: $255,570
5. Colleges, universities and professional schools: $64,880