Spinal Simplicity's latest hire and five more updates from spine device companies in the last week:
1. CTL Amedica received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Navigation Instrument System, which is designed to assist surgeons with placement of pedicle screws.
2. The first spine surgeries with Globus Medical's Excelsius3D three-in-one imaging have been completed with the ExcelsiusGPS robot.
3. Accelus' Toro-L interbody fusion system was cleared by the FDA.
4. Spinal Simplicity, the devicemaker behind the minimally invasive Minuteman procedure, hired Tom Hedman, PhD, as senior principal scientist.
5. Aurora Spine posted its highest first-quarter revenue in its history.
6. Northwest Specialty Hospital in Post Falls, Idaho, added the ProAxis spinal surgery table.