Since May 2022, at least five orthopedic and spine practices have been hit with cyberattacks, impacting over 100,000 patients.
- Wausau, Wis.-based Bone & Joint Clinic was hit with a data breach in January.
- Texas Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in The Woodlands faced a data breach in November 2022.
- Midwest Orthopaedic Consultants, which has locations in Oak Lawn and Orland Park, Ill., experienced a data breach impacting 6,818 patients in September 2022.
- The Physicians' Spine and Rehabilitation Specialists of Georgia in Rome had a data breach affecting 39,765 patients in July 2022.
- In May 2022, Durham, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho faced a ransomware attack that may have exposed the data of 75,000 patients.