Here are 25 orthopedic practices to know going into 2023:
This is not an exhaustive list. To nominate an orthopedic center for future lists, please contact Claire Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Pediatric Orthopedic Center (Cedar Knolls, N.J.) The Pediatric Orthopedic Center has four offices in New Jersey, and is the first pediatric orthopedic practice in New York to offer BEAR surgery, a less-invasive ACL repair option.
2. Forte Sports Medicine and Orthopedics (Carmel, Ind.) Forte is an independent physician group that treats both orthopedic and sports medicine injuries. It also has a partnership with Franciscan Health Orthopedic Hospital in Carmel.
3. Sports Medicine North (Peadbody, Mass.) Sports Medicine North offers orthopedic and sports medicine care, and is partnered with Greenwich, Conn.-based Spire Orthopedic Partners.
4. Motion Orthopaedics (Creve Coeur and Wentzville, Mo.) Motion is a full-service orthopedic practice that specializes in treating workplace-related injuries. This year, it opened a surgery center in Wentzville.
5. Montefiore Medical Center (New York City) Montefiore has a female executive vice president and CFO. It is also consistently named a top orthopedic hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
6. ONS Women's Sports Medicine Center (Greenwich and Stamford, Conn.) ONS specializes in adolescent and adult sports medicine, and is led by female orthopedic surgeon Katherine Vadasdi, MD.
7. Titus Regional Medical Center (Mount Pleasant, Texas) Titus specializes in orthopedic medicine and joint surgery. Five of its six executive positions are currently filled by women.
8. Allegiant Spine Institute (Las Vegas) Allegiant is a Joint-Commission accredited practice and a member of Back Pain Centers of America. It offers minimally invasive procedures, as well as nonsurgical spine care options.
9. Santa Rosa (Calif.) Orthopedics Santa Rosa provides diagnostic imaging, rehabilitation, sports injury prevention, general orthopedic surgeries and care and more.
10. Foothills Surgery Center (Boulder, Colo.) Foothills offers many types of surgical care, including orthopedic and neurosurgery services. It also received a Q2 Best Practice award from Inventory Optimization Solutions in 2020.
11. Colorado Center of Orthopedic Excellence (Colorado Springs) The Colorado Center has three locations and 12 physicians and surgeons on-staff. It is also an official provider of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams.
12. McBride Orthopedic Hospital (Oklahoma City) McBride is a specialty group that is 100 percent physician-owned. It is accredited by DNV Healthcare, and has been awarded the 2021 Guardian of Excellence Award.
13. Mercer Bucks Orthopedics (Hamilton, N.J.) Mercer Bucks has five locations and 20 physicians, providing care for over 30 years. The practice's ASC was recognized as the best in New Jersey in 2021.
14. NorthShore Orthopedic and Spine Institute (Skokie, Ill.) NorthShore has been named one of the top 50 specialty programs in the country by U.S. News. It has more than 100 specialty-trained surgeons on-staff.
15. Heiden Orthopedics (Salt Lake City) Heiden has five orthopedic surgeons and one sports medicine physician on-staff. It is led by Eric Heiden, MD, a former Olympic speed skater who set 15 world records.
16. Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (Franklin, Wis.) Midwest was founded in 2009, and is partnered with St. Louis-based Ascension health system. It has earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for shoulder, spine surgery, hip and joint replacement.
17. TSAOG Orthopedics and Spine (San Antonio, Texas) TSAOG has been in practice for over 75 years. It has been named a top workplace by Becker's and has over 40 orthopedic specialists.
18. New England Orthopedic Surgeons (Springfield, Mass.) New England is the only subspecialized comprehensive orthopedic surgical practice in Western Massachusetts. It has 19 specialty physicians.
19. Hope Orthopedics of Oregon (Salem) Hope has three locations in the state. It was formed with the merger of four competing groups in 2009. It has 14 specialty physicians on-staff.
20. Coon Joint Replacement Institute (St. Helena, Calif.) The institute is operated by Adventist Health St. Helena. It is one of the only practices in the area offering robotic-assisted partial knee resurfacing.
21. Crystal Clinic Orthopedic Center (Akron, Ohio) Crystal Clinic was awarded Healthgrades' Spine Surgery Excellence Award in 2021. It has performed more than 2,000 robotic-assisted joint replacements with Stryker's Mako system.
22. Fox Valley Orthopedics (Geneva, Ill.) Fox Valley has seven offices across Illinois. It was also the first ASC in the state to perform same-day shoulder replacements.
23. Orthopedic One (Upper Arlington, Ohio) Orthopedic One has a team of over 60 specialists and 600 associates. It is the largest physician-owned orthopedic surgery practice in Ohio.
24. Pinnacle Orthopedics (Marietta, Ga.) Pinnacle has been open for over 50 years. It also runs a nonprofit research institute dedicated to public education.
25. Heartland Orthopedic Specialists (Alexandria, Minn.) Heartland has been recognized both nationally and locally for its joint replacement procedures. It has six locations throughout the state of Minnesota.