During the 2022 sports season, orthopedic surgeons were busy operating on a variety of athletes, from NFL to MLB stars.
Nine athletes who have undergone orthopedic surgery in 2022:
- Boston Red Sox pitching prospect Bradley Blalock had Tommy John surgery performed by James Andrews, MD.
- Miami Marlins pitcher Max Meyer is scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery performed by Neal ElAttrache, MD.
- Red Sox pitcher Chris Sale had an open reduction and internal fixation of a left fifth finger proximal phalanx fracture performed by Matthew Leibman, MD.
- Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Hyun Jin Ryu will undergo left elbow surgery performed by Dr. ElAttrache.
- Minnesota Twins pitcher Chris Paddack received right elbow surgery performed by Keith Meister, MD.
- Oakland A's pitcher Deolis Guerra received surgery on his right arm performed by Dr. Meister.
- L.A. Dodgers pitcher Walker Buehler will undergo surgery on his elbow performed by Dr. ElAttrache.
- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo underwent shoulder surgery.
- Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield had shoulder surgery performed by Orr Limpisvasti, MD.